Friday, January 25, 2008

Home at last

My trip to England is done. It was great to see all the family and introduce them all to Charlotte Rose.

Mercifully she was great no problems on the flight and she behaved like the perfect princess she is. Grandma loved her and got to spend some quality time with both her and me. My brother and his new wife came on sunday for family lunch and we had alot of fun. I have not seen him in so long and I had never met his wife sarah.
My sister Sarah ( not the same one) is now 18 I cannot believe it when I left home she was just 3 and at preschool now whe is off to university and doing so well I am really proud of her she has accomplished so much and looks to have a great future ahead of her. For her birthday hubby and I gave her enough money for a flight to the US. This I think she is planning on using in October to come and stay for 3 weeks I cannot wait to show her around and introduce her to all the things I love about living this side of the pond.

However all said and done it is great to be home. I really missed Simon and the kids and confess to shedding some tears at the airport when I saw them waiting for me and Charlotte. We do not spend alot of time with me away so it always seems hard. I could have done without the hassel at the aiport, having to wait 20 mins for the airtrain to be told it was shut down and then having to walk from one terminal to the next cos my flight had come it at a different one than perviously scheduled. As we were walking in 17' weather to the next terminal the airtrain sailed by ARRRRRRGH!! and then to find that the elevators to take you from the next terminal out to the parking lot not working either was very frustrating. But being home in my own bed ( with clean sheets (yep he did laundry whilst I was away) was the best feeling. Dinner with the kids and then sleep I was a happy woman.

But no rest for the wicked tuesday brings with it school buses and activities and Simon back to work. And unfortunately a sad event. A funeral. One of my Best friends Mom passed away on thursday night whilst I was away and we had the srvice on tuesday. Viewing at one and then service at 2pm it was good to get the chance to say goodbye though I would have been very sad had I missed this.

The girl scouts all came together for this as Beatrice had been a big part of that. Every member of the service team turned out and all in uniform and so many other leaders either came or dropped off food it was very touching to know that we could pull it out and make Mickey proud.
A sad day and BEATRICE MACKAY will be sorley missed.

On a happier note I got a parcel from the crochetaholics swap yesterday and will post about it later. It always makes me smile when something in the mail that does not cost me anything to open....

No comments: