Monday, May 12, 2008

bronze award cake




2007/2008 girl scout year is done.!




We finished the year with a lovely ceremony the girls wanted to have it at the Beltzville state park where the earned their awards. We started the day with a formal flag ceremony which went without a hitch despite many failed attempts during practice..... The weather was beautiful and as promised the 2 ramgers from the park came to present the awards.


I am in awe of how hard these girls worked to earn their Bronze award and look foreard to getting the new girls through theirs. we finsished the day with the bridging ceremony for the new cadettes.




This was followed by a picnic in the pavillion and cake. The cake I am soooo pleased with how it turned out. Simon did a fantastic job of cutting it to look just like the award but the pale chocolate frosting and edible bronze powder really made it look just like the real thing. Everyone loved it and I hope this will become something I do over again for the new

girls.



I am this year proud


to say I am the leader of Girl Scout troop 425.

No comments: