Monday, August 4, 2008

crazy week or weeks...

it seems like ti has been ages since i last got 5 mins to post. things have been very hectic with the kids home from school and running here there and everywhere with them.

My sister in law is arriving in 3 short weeks and we are trying to get the house to some level of cleanliness and tidyness!!! After rachel is here we have 3 days to get it back togehter before my mom and sister come for 3 weeks yes you read that right.

My knitting has definately taken a back seat to all of this as i cannot knit and drive, must find a way to do that and i also cannot knit and paint dinning rooms again working on finding a way. every time i sit down to try someone needs something doing or wanting. hey ho it will happen eventually i guess.

a couple of weeks ago i got a real bargin and found in a local antiques barn ( more like an old shed filled with junk) an ashford spinning hweel in need of a little tlc. She needed a brake band, a drive band and a little piece of leather to make the peddle go up and down. and that was it she was mine with no haggling over price for $50. I ahve ordered the things she needs and hope they will be in the mail this week. I am very excited to give her a whirl have never done it before and cannot wait. I am heading to the Endless Mountains fiber festival the first week in september and hopeto buy some lovely roving or may be even raw fleece to spin. I have enough to be practcing with for now.

I recieved my yarn from the first shipment of the Three Irish Girls yarn club. I chose the handpainted option of Lady Slipper it is a lovely combination of pinks purples and greeens witha litttle brown aswell. I loved the pattern called POPSICLE and am about half way down the leg part. pictures to follow.

I also bought a month from the Sock Cinema club and this morning recieved A FEW GOOD MEN. it is a really interesting combo of gold dark blue and white it looks like marine dress uniform, what more could a girl ask for, the chance to dream marine whilst knitting!!!! It also cam with a great sock project bag and some delicious candy. I am going to order next months this afternoon. I think next months is GONE WITH THE WIND another favorite for me.

After a disaster dyeing my sock blank for the ravelry sock blank swap, i finally got mine out int he mail this week past. I really hope my partner likes it i was pleased with the result it had many different red hues with green running through it to.

must dash for now lots to do but will post pics later today when i get a few more mins. Who am i kidding not going to happen maybe tomorow

1 comment:

scoutdiva said...

If you get a chance send me the links to the Cinema sock club....i would love to check it out.