Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Monarch knitting store.

We went to monterey bay on saturday to enjoy the huge surf that had rolled in and also fly the kites. However once we got there I noticed this yarn store I had heard grea things about I did not realise it was down that way. We drove past and whilst I knwo the family would have sat in the car and waited for me it did not seem fair as they were hungry and wanting to play on the beach. So i vowed to drive down on monday.

Rosie and I got up and made the trip down and it did not dissapoint. It was a beautiful store filled with all things fibery. Knitting spinning and weaving abounded. I loved the store and think this one is definately my fav of all the ones i have found here so far.

Here is a pic of what rosie and i bought. Bison fiber delicous, 3 skiens of noro kureyon. 2 to make a hot water bottle cover for me and 1 for a project in last months interweave magazine. I bought a debbie bliss sublime book and the yarn to make the front cover sweater for charlotte rose. I got it in the cutest raspberry color, so cute. I also bought the book socks from the toe uphttp://www.amazon.com/Socks-Toe-Up-Essential-Techniques/dp/0307449440/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259684041&sr=8-1

along with all of this I also bought suede bottoms for the girls slippers. I have rosies done and waiting to be felted and I hope to start caitlins today. I just have to finish the quilt for MIL and really do not want to . but i have to get it in the mail this week or it will not be there for xmas.

No comments: