Wednesday, June 4, 2008

secret pal 12 questionnaire

I have joined and been accepted for the secret pal 12 swap this is my questionnaire for this swap

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I like natural fibers and love to try new ones but for me it has to be about how it feels , soft iis very important and you can find that feeling in many man made fibers also
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I hate " red heart super saver yarn" other than that just really scratchy things are not for me.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I currently have all my straight needles in a boy scout pop corn can and my dpns and circs in a dmc bow holder made for cross stitch threads
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I have been knitting for 23 years and my Great Aunt taught me. No television and i used to spend the whole summer with her boredom would set in fast so she taught me to knit so i would not be bored all the time
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would consider my self to be advanced intermediate and not afrid to try something new and not afraid to admit i don't know
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2Y1FVT3ENSANA/ref=lst_llp_wl-go
5. What's your favorite scent? vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? unfortunatley Favorite candy? chocloate or gummy candy especially the little bears. no cinnamon though
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I have tried most things every thing from jewlery and cross stitch to soap making and wood burning i have not really found anything i do not like
Do you spin? no but i think if i could find some materiald i would give it a go
8. What kind of music do you like? country and some rock
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) yes
9. What's your favorite color(s)? like most colors though i tend to steer away from brown and dirty greens Any colors you just can't stand? not really
10. What is your family situation?i am very happily married with 3 ( wow is it really that many) kids 2 girls and one boy my oldest is 12 and my youngest is 16 months
Do you have any pets? yes but if you want them they are yours...... no seriously i have 2 dogs and a rabbit and a parrot
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes it gets really cold here
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks and pretty things for my girls to wear
13. What are you knitting right now? I currently have a purple pair of socks on the go and nearly finished and a lace scarf that i hand dyed the yarn for
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes i love it when someone takes time out of their busy day to make something just for me
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? either is good though i lean toward cirulars Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? given the choice bamboo though i have both plastic and metal aswell
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? nope trying to talk hubby into making one for me 17. How old is your oldest UFO? not really sure i do not have many
18. What is your favorite holiday? christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? i collect all things smore's you know the girl scout marshmallow snack. i alos collect anything to do with girl scouts, patches pins books etc
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? all of them.......
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I do not have nay i like to go to the book store each month and get tehm that and this gives me an excuse to buy more books to read
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? i plan to get learning the magic loop technique. i have the book the needles and the yarn just need to finish current pair of socks before i start
22. Are you a sock knitter? yes yes yes i love th elittle things cannot get enough. love that tehy fit in my purse though i do not have a nice ltittle project bag for them. love that i can get it out and do it standing up to.
What are your foot measurements? i wear a size 10 shoe
23. When is your birthday? september 27th 1974
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? scoutleader425 i am a fairly ne memebr in the last 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thanks for getting this posted!