Thursday, December 6, 2007

I have been knitting since I was 12 years old, taught by a Great aunt who used to do the most amazing peices all with no pattern. Whilst it was always something I could do it was not something I enjoyed until I had the children (3) aged 11,7, and 9 months. They have all had a special blanket and many hats, cardigans, and soft toys.

Just recently now that I have a little more free time, the baby takes long naps!! I have discovered it again. In the last month I have learnt how to do socks and this week bought myself some wool in attempt to learn to felt.

I started out small with tiny christmas stockings for the tree, but who knows where it will lead. I am hoping if they turn out ok I am going to use them as favors for a christmas meeting for the service team for my girl scout unit. I am the hostess and thought it might be nice if everyone had something to take home , we shall see they may turn out to be nothing more than doggie chew toys!!!!

1 comment:

DaCraftyLady said...

I think the Christmas stocking idea is a great idea. The scouts would love them...maybe you could even teach them how to make them too?